The Committee of Interns and Residents (CIR), SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: National Organizing Director
Location: New York, NY or Oakland, CA
The Committee of Interns and Residents, the largest resident physicians' union in the country, is looking for a National Organizing Director who is excited about making CIR a bigger and stronger union by increasing membership through successful organizing campaigns, expanding the rights and power of physicians in training.
CIR is a nationwide, progressive, member-driven healthcare union representing 15,000 resident physicians. We fight to protect the workplace rights of doctors-in-training and improve the delivery of quality health care.
CIR is committed to the growth of the organization through strategic organizing campaigns. To accomplish this, we need a highly driven and committed individual who has strong record of leading successful organizing campaigns. The National Organizing Director is responsible for developing CIR’s national organizing strategy and managing all aspects of campaigns, including the supervision and support of 3-5 dedicated staff organizers.
What you gain from a position with CIR:
· Opportunity to develop and implement new strategies for growing our union.
· Opportunity to work directly with physicians-in-training, making concrete strides towards creating a more just and effective health care system.
· Opportunity to work with a tight-knit team of organizers and communications, research, legal and political staff.
· Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
· Excellent benefits package: health, dental, vision, car allowance, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time.
CIR is looking for candidates who have:
· 5-7 years of organizing experience, with a track record of leading successful external union organizing campaigns, preferably in health care.
· 2-4 years experience managing and leading teams, including training and directly supervising individuals.
· Ability to work long hours and travel extensively, required.
· Ability to work independently, think critically, and operate within a dynamic and complex organizing environment
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for CIR, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
CIR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants. Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org