SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund
Job Title: Chief of Finance and Administration
Location: Oakland, CA
The Education Fund is a non-profit partnership between SEIU UHW-West and Healthcare Industry Employers; on a mission to accelerate the careers of 90,000 SEIU eligible healthcare workers through innovative education and training solutions. We have a bold strategy to transform the Ed Fund and need an experienced leader to play a crucial role in this exciting transition.
Reporting directly to Executive Director you will be part of an Executive Leadership team that is instrumental in driving a new shift in the organizational culture. You will lead the Finance and Administration function ensuring that financial and operating systems and technologies maximize the efficient use of human and financial resources while delivering on the Education Fund’s mission and vision
As an integral part of the leadership team, you will need to be collaborative and have the ability to initiate and lead large scale projects. You will need to be able to work in an unclear or ambiguous and fast paced environment as we reinvent the Education Fund.
On any given day, you will develop strong relationships inside and outside the Ed Fund that result in innovative programs that have high impact on healthcare workers’ careers. You understand the importance of relationship building and connect equally well with employers, union staff, higher education partners and other educational vendors. You are familiar with analyzing program data and organizational performance to drive process improvement.
· Leads the Financial and Administrative resources of the organization to ensure the organization is functioning efficiently within budgetary limits.
· Manages financial strategies (cash flow, investments, assets) and associated external relationships with banks, investment firms etc.).
· Coordinates audits and proper filing of tax returns.
· Ensures maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
· Provides regular and timely updates to the Education Fund’s Executive Leadership Team and Board of Trustees regarding the Education Fund’s financial performance against budget and strategic plan.
· Serves as member of the Executive Leadership Team and participates in organization wide problem solving and decision-making.
· Provide supervision and support to direct reports that result in their professional growth.
· Creates and manages a high performing team and sets clear goals and objectives.
· Provides clear performance management of team goals and objectives.
· Shares responsibility for strategic integration of operational activities within and between reporting departments and other areas of the organization.
· Provides leadership and direction to the organization and provides financial and administrative reports to the Board of Trustees.
· Provides coaching and mentorship to help Education Fund leaders develop financial literacy skills.
· Champions diversity as a key priority in management decisions.
Qualifications and Capabilities
Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or similar competency required plus a minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible financial accounting experience.
Extensive knowledge of financial policies, practices and systems; budgeting and reporting techniques; fund accounting; human resource planning; accounting and bookkeeping.
Proven experience partnering with an executive team.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Exercise outstanding judgment in all areas of responsibility.
Energetic, self-motivated and a hands-on professional with a strong work ethic.
Capable of performing independently and thinking analytically and creatively to solve problems.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to enable optimal interactions both internally and externally.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.