SEIU Local 509 (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Director of Field Services
Location: Marlborough, MA
About SEIU Local 509:
SEIU Local 509 is a fast growing, progressive union representing 20,000 workers. Our members are organized into 4 divisions: state workers, private human service workers, family childcare providers and higher education faculty. The Director of Field Services Director is responsible for directing and coordinating the work of the 4 divisions, and developing a unified and coordinated field plan.
Primary job duties include:
· Responsible for developing bargaining campaigns
· Responsible for developing a unified field campaign across divisions
· Develops programs for Member Leadership Development.
· Coordinates field representative activity with other components of the Local Union such as organizing, politics, finance and administrative
· Chairs bargaining committees and interim bargaining efforts.
· Consults with and advises chapter leadership regarding chapter issues, strategies and tactics, and problem solving
· Monitors to ensure compliance & time limits.
· Maintains liaison with various agency personnel to facilitate problem solving on all levels.
· Coordinates communication and protocols with the MARC, Member Action Resource Center
· Responsible for unfair labor practice charges
· Meets with management to discuss various issues.
· Attends membership, chapter and local meetings
· Responds to member concerns and complaints
· Performs related work as required.
· Evaluates work performance.
Under direct supervision of President/Executive Director or his/her designee
Responsible for supervision of management staff in Higher Education, Childcare and Private Human Services, as well as lead internal organizers in the state worker division.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU Local 509 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.