SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Ethics Program Manager Grade: MGT B - Starting Salary, $74,300/YR
Location: Washington, D.C.
Purpose: This position assists the SEIU Ethics Ombudsperson in administering and implementing all aspects of the SEIU Policies on Ethics and Standards adopted by the SEIU International Executive Board. It also assists the Internal Governance Department in receiving and addressing member complaints.
Primary Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
· Serves as the chief aide to the Ethics Ombudsperson in the management, implementation, and development of SEIU’s ethics program and supports Internal Governance by addressing member concerns. In this capacity:
· Serves as a resource for the Ethics Ombudsperson for innovation and improvements in the ethics program, relying on outside ethics experts, local leaders, ethics liaisons, and others;
· Manages and monitors the relationship with the online ethics training company, including responsibility for contracts, updates and development of reports and ongoing coordination with locals;
· Designs and develops appropriate reporting and tracking tools and performs necessary analysis of financial training and other activities;
· Oversees the development and monitors operations of databases, web-based learning and discussion sites, and other technology needs and innovations for the program;
· Under the direction of the Ethics Ombudsperson, works to develop the methodology for evaluation of the ethics program;
· Proactively maintains ongoing contact and relationships with local union Ethics Liaisons regarding online training, annual reports, ongoing tracking and monitoring, and other activities;
· Assists the Ethics Ombudsperson with the creation and implementation of financial monitoring systems and procedures;
· Is responsible for range of logistics for ethics program, including for training and other nationwide events;
· Manages day-to-day logistics and systems operations and activities to ensure the smooth running of the ethics program;
· Assists with and is responsible for the development and dissemination of materials for the ethics program union-wide;
· Addresses and maintains records of member complaints received via telephone, email, or through any other medium; and
· Performs other duties as required to support the implementation of the Ethics program and Internal Governance.
SEIU International staff: Ethics Ombudsperson; Finance; IT; Communications; BOLD Center; Counsel for Internal Governance; Legal Administrative Staff Local union and affiliate Ethics Liaisons, financial directors, officers, and staff
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the Ethics Ombudsperson and works independently under her direction.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with program management experience or combination of education and experience that provides for the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Detail orientation with strong organizational skills and administrative experience;
· Basic understanding of financial reports, budgets, and basic accounting methods;
· Demonstrated skill in IT as applied to database development and maintenance, tracking systems, research and online web-based discussion sites and learning;
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
· Ability to conduct research using both academic and empirical sources;
· Ability to manage projects and work well in teams;
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
· Ability to deal with sensitive, confidential, and organizational situations;
· Ability to manage multiple priority projects independently;
· Ability to manage time productively;
· Passion for justice for workers; and
· Familiarity with labor unions preferred.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with some irregular hours. Some occasional travel is required.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.