SEIU Benefit Funds (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Call Center Representative Grade: TS-4
Location: Washington, D.C.
This position is responsible for acting as a liaison for the SEIU Benefit Funds between
participants, beneficiaries, trustees, employers and other parties providing service that
reflects respect, efficiency and courtesy. The Benefit Funds administer multiple benefit
funds in a fast paced environment.
- Handle incoming telephone calls and/or direct to other Benefit Fund staff as necessary acting as liaison between participants and beneficiaries and other Benefit Fund departments to ensure callers are serviced with respect, efficiency and courtesy.
- Consult, research, resolve and respond verbally and/or in writing to participants, beneficiaries, trustees, employers, etc regarding various issues.
- Assist in clerical function of SEIU Benefit Funds.
- Monitors and maintains benefit application data.
- Provides information to benefit applicants critical to Benefit Funds processing benefit applications in timely manner.
- Processes and maintains participant and beneficiary census and payment data.
- Provides written and verbal translation services (Spanish) as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required to support the mission of the department and the SEIU Benefit Funds.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the Call Center Manager.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree from an accredited college or university with coursework including
business administration or other related coursework and one (1) year of experience in a
call center or customer service environment.
High school or GED and three (3) years of experience in a call center or customer
Or, a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in bi-lingual environment.
- Ability to think critically and produce sound, logical conclusions.
- Ability to perform data entry functions.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in demanding environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations in calm respectful manner
- Ability to multitask using oral, visual and tactile senses.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, meet established deadlines and adapt to an ever changing environment for the purpose of accomplishing results.
- Ability to organize work/tasks to provide for systematic and efficient processes.
- Ability to produce work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach toward assignments while actively participating and supporting a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers using accounting, database, and
- spreadsheet software or other SEIU Benefit Funds software, including Microsoft Office Suite, in the performance of record keeping.
Excel (Basic); Word (Intermediate)
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Overtime required as necessary.
Sixteen (16) calendar weeks
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU Benefit Funds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.