SEIU Benefit Funds (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Senior Contribution Control Clerk (TERM POSITION – 6 MONTHS) Grade: TS-5
Location: Washington, D.C.
This position is responsible for monitoring, balancing, posting and closing pension contribution data in accordance with plan rules and regulations for the SEIU Benefit Funds. The SEIU Benefit Funds administer multiple benefit funds in a fast paced environment.
Primary Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
· Monitors, balances, posts and closes pending contribution batches.
· Collaborates with the Payroll Review department to resolve outstanding audit issues.
· Records rate and other adjustments and monitors and resolves related discrepancies.
· Maintains and collects data pertaining to employer Past Service Benefit Levels.
· Audits and resolves issues relating to participant social security numbers.
· Prepares reports for the trustee meetings.
· Performs other duties as required to support the mission of the department and the SEIU Benefit Fund Office.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the Contributions Compliance Manager.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree from an accredited college or university with coursework including business administration and advanced math or other related coursework and two (2) years of experience in a multi-employer pension environment.
High school or GED, one (1) year of college coursework including business administration and advanced math and three (3) years of experience in a multi-employer pension environment.
All applicants/incumbents must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Ability to analyze, interpret, apply and communicate ERISA, DOL and IRS Regulations as related to the Plans.
· Ability to analyze, interpret, apply and communicate plan language.
· Ability to create and maintain confidentiality of information.
· Ability to perform detailed calculations with accuracy in an efficient manner.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to think critically and produce sound, logical conclusions.
· Ability to perform data entry functions.
· Ability to work efficiently and effectively in demanding environment.
· Ability to handle sensitive situations in calm respectful manner.
· Ability to multitask using oral, visual and tactile senses.
· Ability to handle multiple projects, meet established deadlines and adapt to an ever changing environment for the purpose of accomplishing results.
· Ability to organize work/tasks to provide for systematic and efficient processes.
· Ability to produce work accurately and thoroughly.
· Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach toward assignments while actively participating and supporting a team environment.
· Proficient in the use of personal computers using accounting, database, and spreadsheet software or other SEIU Benefit Fund Office software, including Microsoft Office Suite, in the performance of record keeping.
Excel (Intermediate); Word (Basic)
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Overtime required as necessary.
Sixteen (16) calendar weeks
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU Benefit Funds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.