SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Senior Database Analyst/Programmer Grade: PS-3 : Salary $76,509.20/YR
Location: Washington, D.C.
Responsible for system administration, analysis, development, testing, tuning, support and documentation of all Membership module modifications and other system database Applications.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
Direction and Decision Making:
Works independently, reporting to Deputy Director of Data & Technology or designee.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelors degree in computer sciences or programming and three years experience with programming development and administration in a python/Django development environment with PEP8 Coding Standards; ability to work independently and as a part of a team and system administration experience including all database administration functions with emphasis on performance monitoring and tuning; programming experience must include analysis, design, development and implementation of systems and applications.
Or, a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Thorough knowledge of Python required with data science concepts such as Dplyr for R or Pandas for Python
· Write correct, reusable, tested, efficient, maintainable and documented source code that implements application components according to specifications.
· Follow coding industry standards where applicable.
· Technical communication and coordination
· Integrate with APIs and services of our partners and vendors
· Knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server Architecture, helpful
· Knowledge on the Security, Server Objects, Management, and SQL Server
· Agent components of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, helpful
· Knowledge of application monitoring and tuning abilities using tools such as
· Microsoft SQL Server Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
· Thorough knowledge on ETL tools and ETL code development.
· Thorough knowledge on developing net applications.
· Refine and refactor old components, investigate bugs
· Strong analytical, logical and problem solving skills with ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
· Excellent organizational and communications skills required.
· A commitment to social just work is a plus.
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long and extended hours and travel required.
Thirty six (36) calendar weeks
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and as such the incumbent is bound by the language of said agreement and party to all benefits, dues and requirements associated with being a member of a union and the (CBA).
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation costs are not covered by SEIU.