SEIU Benefit Funds
Job Title: Affiliates and Staff Contribution Technician (TERM) Grade: TS-5 Pay: $52,452.97/YR
Location: Washington, D.C.
This position is responsible for monitoring, posting and balancing all incoming contributions and reports and maintains and updates the contribution and census database for the Affiliates' Officers and Employees Pension Fund and the SEIU Pension Plan for Employees. This position handles sensitive and confidential information.
Primary Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Receives, processes and reconciles contribution remittances.
- Monitors, balances, posts and closes pending contribution batches.
- Compiles and inputs information for current, new and terminated employers.
- Updates the Benefit Fund Office Collection Department database for participant contribution and census data through manual data entry and electronic file transfer.
- Updates the Benefit Fund Office Collection Department database for participant contribution and census data through manual data entry and electronic file transfer in connection with employer payroll reviews.
- Assist in clerical function of SEIU Benefit Fund Office Collections Department
- Tracks and monitors employer delinquencies, credits and payment plans. Refers delinquent employer accounts to management for collection.
- Prepares Canadian T-4 reports and distributes to employers. Records discrepancies reported by employer. Prepares related credit/shortage letter as necessary.
- Provides information requested by fund consultants, as directed by management.
- Acts as liaison between Fund Office Collections and Benefits Processing Departments to ensure participants contributions are accurate.
- Collaborate with the Fund Office Payroll Review Department to resolve outstanding audit issues.
- Maintains participant and beneficiary census data.
- Prepares and coordinates reports for the Trustees Meetings.
- Assists with Local Unions Past Service Purchases working closely with Fund consultants and Local Union leaders and staff to ensure proper communication to participants and accurate execution of service purchases, as directed by management.
- Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Direction and Decision Making
This position reports to the Contributions Compliance Manager.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, and 2 (two) years of experience in processing and monitoring financial data.
High school diploma or GED and 1 (one) year of college coursework including advanced math, business administration or other related coursework.
Or, a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to perform data entry functions.
- Ability to process mathematical calculations.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment including personal computers and 10-key calculators.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to perform both orally and in writing.
Data Entry; Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word; Typing test 40 wpm
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Overtime required as necessary.
Sixteen (16) calendar weeks
Term of the Position:
Up to one (1) Year
SEIU Benefit Funds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.