Committee Of Interns And Residents (CIR)
Job Title: HR Manager Annual: $70,000- 95,000 /YR
Location: Queens, New York
CIR/SEIU is looking for an HR Manager to join our organization and support our most important resource -- our amazing staff! The HR Manager will develop and implement the HR functions for the union with assistance from others within the organization. We are looking for someone who can design and implement systems that will streamline HR processes. The HR Manager will mainly focus on recruitment and training/development along will having the responsibility of overseeing employee relations for the union. The HR Manager reports to the Associate Director.
The HR Manager will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will be a key advisor to the leaders of the Union.
CIR is a progressive, member-driven healthcare union representing 16,000 resident physicians nationwide. Our vision is to be the national voice for interns, residents and fellows. We empower physicians-in-training to fight for excellence for our patients, our training and our healthcare system through organizing, collective bargaining and advocacy.
Full cycle recruitment:
- Carry out all required tasks relating to employee recruitment/onboarding (posting job descriptions, recruitment strategies, interviewing, hiring, conducting onboarding process for new hires, including gathering all legally required new hire documents and relaying information).
Training and development:
- Develop and implement customized orientation and training programs for staff, working closely with managers. Arrange for external training on topics as needed.
- Coordinate internal and external training resources to meet existing and emerging training needs.
- Create and maintain a system of ensuring completion of training in a timely manner.
- Develop and administer evaluation instruments that measure training effectiveness.
- Continually assess employees' learning needs in relation to the organization’s goals.
Other HR Responsibilities:
- Oversee personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Address and resolve employee concerns, grievances and incidents in concert with Senior Leadership.
- Oversee and comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by keeping abreast of existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising senior leadership on needed actions in the states/cities where CIR staff are located;
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Create and implement employee retention and succession planning programs.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations to resolve moderate to complex employee relations / labor relations issues.
- Actively participate in contract negotiations. Provide leadership in working with senior leadership to draft proposals. Assist spokesperson at the table and work closely with finance department to develop financial models.
- Perform related duties, special assignments and projects as required and/or needed, including traveling to other regions where employees are based.
- 3-5 years previous Human Resource experience, with progression of responsibility, required.
- Bachelor’ Degree in Human Resources or related business field.
- Demonstrated ability to improve employee morale.
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience.
- Generous benefits package including: health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time.
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for CIR, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
CIR is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or disability. Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org