SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Senior Digital Communications Support Specialist Grade: PS-3 Annual Pay : $76,509.20/YR
Location: Washington, DC
This position is responsible for providing technical and programming support, troubleshooting and answering technical support tickets for SEIU local union and campaign staff using Digital Communications and Advocacy tools offered by the International. This position will also be responsible for developing and maintaining training tools and resources, and answering basic questions about the online toolset and how best to use in digital communications and organizing initiatives and strategies. This position will work closely with Organizing and Member Data teams, IT, and reports directly to the National Digital Director of Strategy
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Troubleshoot inbound support requests and answer questions from local union and campaign staff about best practices and tips for using online communications and advocacy toolset.
- Route data specific and reporting support requests to data administration teams.
- Assists local union and campaign staff with support requests, such as email set up and reporting (including list building, audience segmenting, CMS, and building automated reports), online advocacy page set up and reporting (including segmentation, CMS, optimization, and building automated reports), contributions set-up and reporting.
- Engage with Data teams to formulate responses to support requests that include both data and communications/advocacy toolset.
- Develop and maintain digital training resources, including but not limited to digital communications resource website, training videos and webinars, and how-to-guides.
- Works with Organizing and Member Data teams to support local union and campaign staff needing administrative access and CRM or Data support (this includes resetting passwords, assisting with permissions access, bulk data uploads, custom field creation, and new committee requests).
- Works with locals to support API integration with IU purchased products, including but not limited to Revere Messaging, Action Network, and other platforms as needed.
- Maintains listserv of Local Union and campaign staff admins and communicates product updates/outages, trainings, and other pertinent information.
- Provides one-to-one or small group trainings for local union and campaign staff as needed.
- Works with Digital Director of Strategy, Organizing Data Director, and Member Data Director to update support process and protocols, gather user feedback for toolset optimization, communicate toolset product updates and impact on local union and campaign outreach.
- Escalates bugs, error messages, and outages to National Digital Director of Strategy, Organizing Data Director, and Member Data Director
- Maintains Support Hours Schedule to ensure timely response to service requests across time zones, after hours, and during holidays.
- Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Include all SEIU locals, International and affiliate staff, consultants, vendors, and other experts on technology and communications issues.
DIRECTION AND DECISION MAKING:
This position reports to the National Digital Director of Strategy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor degree required. Five (5) years of experience in technical support role with experience supporting online advocacy campaign communications and organizing initiatives. Intermediate knowledge of HTML, email communications, and online advocacy and acquisition. Proven track record working with internal stakeholders, vendors, and affiliates. Must be able to work within a fast-paced environment.
Or, a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to trouble-shoot issues related with content management systems.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer support to various contacts, both internal and external, within a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to support the efforts intended to grow and engage online audiences and communities.
- Ability to provide technical support to end-users related to the use of online communications and organizing tools.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make recommendations, identify most appropriate technology, and communicate best practices for incorporating digital communications and advocacy toolset into overall .
- Ability to learn new online systems quickly and assist with guiding local union and campaign staff on the implementation of such tools.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Assists with developing best practices related to integrating toolset into larger communications and digital organizing strategies, training materials, resources and schedules, and provides training webinars to local union and campaign staff.
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long and extended hours and travel may be required.
Probationary period: Thirty-six (36) calendar weeks.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and as such the incumbent is bound by the language of said agreement and party to all benefits, dues and requirements associated with being a member of a union and the (CBA).
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation costs are not covered by SEIU.