CHANGE TO WIN
Job Title: Communications Director Annual Pay: 80K-100K/YR
Location: NY or DC
Change to Win (CtW) is seeking a Communications Director in New York City or Washington D.C. The Communications Director creates strategic communications plans for the organization and its projects, and leads the execution of those plans. This position plays an integral role in the development and promotion of CtW campaigns.
Change to Win is a dynamic coalition of North America’s most progressive labor unions and a leading force for social, racial and economic justice in our country.
- Works collaboratively with senior CtW staff to develop overall campaign strategy and branding.
- Develops and implements an integrated strategic communications plan, including but not limited to:
- Developing overall messaging.
- Proactive media outreach, including drafting materials and building media lists.
- Fielding media inquiries.
- Coordinating events such as media calls, rallies, and press conferences.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key reporters.
- Preparing workers, CtW staff, and allies for media interviews and other speaking engagements.
- Serving as a campaign spokesperson when appropriate.
- Working with digital staff to develop and incorporate new media strategies and social media into communication campaign plans.
- Overseeing communications-related vendors including print, web, social and online media, to ensure effective, timely and accurate delivery of work in support of campaign initiatives.
- Copy edits research products and distills complex concepts into traditional/social media friendly bites.
- Liaises with senior staff/leadership at unions and other organizational partners.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- A strong commitment to social justice and workers’ rights.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 5+ years’ experience in a strategic communications role.
- Experience managing and executing across several communications channels.
- Experience building a brand, campaign or project.
- Knowledge of unions or other advocacy organizations.
- A desire to experiment with new tactics and think beyond traditional campaign strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Existing relationships with journalists of key publications and outlets a plus.
- Experience recruiting and managing talent across different regions, countries a plus.
- Experience with union, political or community organizing a plus.
- Spanish and/or other non-English language skills a plus.
- Experience with social media, preferred.
- Sense of humor and ability to stay calm under pressure, strongly preferred.
This position is based in New York, NY or Washington, D.C.
Women and people of color are strongly urged to apply. Change to Win does not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Submit your cover letter and resume.