Committee Of Interns And Residents (CIR)
Job Title: Senior Accountant Annual: $75,000- $80,000 /YR
Location: New York
Long Island City, NY
The Committee of Interns and Residents, the largest resident physicians' union in the country, is looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant.
CIR is a nationwide, progressive, member-driven healthcare union representing 16,000 resident physicians. Our vision is to be the national voice for interns, residents and fellows and to create better working conditions that allow physicians-in-training the ability to provide the highest quality patient care possible by building power through their union.
- Full Accounting responsibilities.
- Supervise Senior Bookkeeper and assist Controller with various reporting functions.
- Reconciliation: monthly general ledger analysis, bank account reconciliations, employee credit card accounts, maintaining all aspects of Certify (Expense reimbursement module) and restricted fund balance analysis.
- Payroll: process bi-weekly payroll through ADP, and review pension and 401K remittance.
- Revenue: analysis and projection, assist Operations Team with Dues analysis and provide support.
- Coordinate with Benefits Department on discrepancies, intercompany analysis and reconciliation.
- Expenses: process per capita payments, review/coding to ledger for all expenses, accruals/reversals as necessary.
- Budget: Assist Controller in preparing annual budget, month-end analysis and quarterly closing.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable: ACH Deposit/Positive Pay upload.
- Accounting for Affiliate Organizations: maintain affiliate allocation/share expense schedule, billing process, and bank reconciliation.
- Ability to work long hours during key moments throughout the year.
What you gain from a position with CIR:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits package: health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time.
CIR is looking for candidates who have:
- BA in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years previous accounting experience required.
- Experience with Quickbooks and PeachTree required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks and think critically.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to develop new methods of efficiency.
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for CIR and an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject Line: Senior Accountant.
CIR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants. Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org