SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
SEIU LOCAL 1984
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer Grade: L32- Annual Pay: $75,168.29 - $107,671.20
Location: Concord, NH
General Statement of Duties:
- Oversees all business management operations, including the implementation and evaluation of budgetary planning and analysis, information technology, personnel, facility, equipment, and data management programs.
- Sets day-to-day priorities and coordinates departments to support each other as important and urgent goals shift.
- Keeps managers apprised of strategy and priorities.
- Delegates activities appropriately to each department.
- Resolves personnel conflicts and concerns.
- Maintains and manages staff by communicating job expectations; recruiting, and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees in consultation with the President.
- Supervises information technology operations, purchasing and inventory activities, safety, facility and equipment maintenance, and service contract issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the president.
Works under the general supervision of the President.
Directly supervises and evaluates the work product and activities of the department managers and IT Specialist according to Association policies and procedures.
Example of Duties
- Maintains and administers the implementation of the Association policy and procedures to ensure effective business management operations.
- Oversees the preparation of management reports regarding all aspects of the Association's budget administration and financial procedures.
- Establishes, administers, and evaluates policy and procedures to ensure its consistent interpretation in compliance with Federal and state laws, and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Manages Human Resources.
- Recommends promotions and step increments to the President for consideration.
- Assists the President in developing policy with regard to staffing needs, position responsibilities and job descriptions.
- Establishes, administers, plans, and coordinates training programs for the organization such as sexual harassment training, cultural competence, safety programs, and others to ensure a safe, efficient workplace.
- Coordinates staff workloads, program responsibilities, training, communications, and other related duties with the president and other designated staff or management personnel.
- Oversees the general maintenance and upkeep of the office facilities and equipment, in conjunction with the Financial Manager.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the logistics of all Association meetings, duties, elections, and events are implemented in a timely manner.
- Participates in meetings as required by the President.
- Desired Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree from a recognized college or university with major study preferably in industrial relations, personnel management, or business administration. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
seven years’ experience in professional personnel work at a supervisory or technical level with experience in two or more of the following: personnel administration, labor relations, training, payroll, and purchasing and inventory control. Each additional year of approved work experience may be substituted for one year of required formal education.
*The NH-SEA/SEIU Local 1984 will make offers of employment contingent on a background investigation that will include Credit History, Criminal History, Prior Employment, and References.
This employee must be deemed worthy of bond or insurance coverage.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.