SEIU (The Service Employees International Union)
Data and Technology Department Intern
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP: Summer internship (start and end date are flexible). This is a part time internship. Part-time academic year interns will work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Summary: Service Employee International Union (SEIU), the nation's fastest growing labor organization representing more than 2 million workers, is seeking part-time intern in the Washington, D.C. office’s Data & Technology Department.
SEIU’s Data and Technology Departments is responsible for database and technology management of SEIU’s membership data. The Department is currently pioneering innovative technological solutions in the labor movement, relying on cloud platforms such as AWS to build an effective and agile membership program. This internship offers an opportunity for data and analysis work in the Data & Technology department.
Assist SEIU’s Data & Technology Department staff on various data standardization and hygiene efforts, integrating data from different database sources. Some aspects of this project include:
- Aiding in day to day tasks of the department
- Work with senior management to identify strategic opportunities for impact
- Analyzing data and creating visual reports for senior management
- Assist with data acquisition, clean up, standardization and manual data entry.
- Graduation from high school and currently enrolled in an academic program.
- Interest in labor and membership organizations, data, analysis, and data visualization
- Comfortable with long periods of concentration paying attention to the smallest details in the data
- Flexibility in handling different types of tasks
- Ability to handle multiple assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to work well in groups and individually
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to follow instructions well
SEIU’s Data & Technology Department interns will work in Washington, D.C and will receive a stipend.
Application Instructions: Please submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and availability.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.